Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Women's retreat

Last weekend I stayed at the Ilboru Safari Lodge on a women's retreat.
 
First about the accommodation.
The lodge is lovely. The gardens are so lush and pretty. There is a great pool.
 



I stayed in one of the 'boma' rooms.


Messy bed shot, but it was so comfy I had to take a photo. You seriously can't go past crisp white sheets and doonas.


It was a lot of fun getting to know lots of ladies from Arusha and Moshi (there were women from 4 different churches who attended).
 And there were so many amazing stories told.


Kim McManus, from Mosaic Church in Hollywood, was the main speaker for the weekend.


Her daughter Mariah came too.


Here is a clip of Mariah McManus singing - I didn't know who she was before going so had to come home and search. Beautiful voice!




So glad I went.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me more open to attending one myself. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. The place looks beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks like a lovely weekend away!

    ReplyDelete