Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Shopping

I have had quite a variety of shopping experiences so far. The mangoes below were bought out of the car window whilst we were in Arusha town, and the tomatoes below from a seller on the side of the road about 50 metres from our place. The local produce is very cheap to buy - 10 tomatoes for 1000 shillings (about 60c). The cheese I bought at Meat King, a South African butcher and delicatessen.


Something I remember from my childhood is powdered milk. Fresh milk is not available, so we have been using UHT cartons for cereal and coffee, and I like the powdered stuff in my tea. I don't mind it on cereal either. We can buy cereal at Shoprite, a supermarket chain found here.


And look what else I found at Shoprite - Mum, I bet you didn't get this in your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment