Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shopping with the monkeys

This morning we bought fruit and vegetables near the turn off to Njiro (a suburb of Arusha).


While we were there I bought some baskets and admired the bead work the seller was threading around the tops of some of the baskets.

Whilst we were shopping we noticed lots of monkeys climbing over a frame behind the fruit stalls. We went to watch them, and some of the ladies threw mangoes to them.



Once some school boys noticed there was an audience, they too coaxed the monkeys over by offering them bananas.


2 comments:

  1. What a shopping experience! I go shopping with Monkeys too sometimes - named Zac & Holly, but I don't throw mangoes at them : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanzania just gets better and better. I love monkeys and I love mangoes.

    ReplyDelete